Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Maintaining Fitness

I love this article about maintaining fitness!  But the catch is that you have to have a base of fitness to start.  For one thing, it is reassuring during crazy weeks or even months - as long as you continue to do some sort of physical activity at least once or twice a week, you won't lose all of your gains in strength and endurance.  Of course, it wouldn't be ideal to continue that over an extended period of time but in the short-term, it's ok.

The last few weeks have proven challenging for me to get to the gym!  And when I'm there, I often have only 20 or 30 minutes to do some sort of workout.  Today I was able to get in a longer workout and was pleasantly surprised that I'm pretty much where I left off a couple of weeks ago.  So, I am living proof - as long as you do something you can continue to make progress once you get back into a regular program.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment