Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Big Day

My test is tomorrow which includes a written multiple choice exam as well as a practical session.  I took both of the practice exams as well as the quizzes and I consistently make between 88 and 91% solidifying my belief that I am forever destined to be a B+/A- student.

When I was studying chemistry and biochem all those years ago I used to sit and read the same paragraph over and over again hoping that at some point some chemical process would make sense.  I could never just accept an equation outright - I had to really understand it.  Unfortunately I am still the same way so instead of just accepting the processes of glycolysis and oxidative phosphorylation I find myself looking on wikipedia and studying that Krebs chart - the one that haunted me so many years ago.  There's no reason for me to torture myself but I just want to understand all of this - not for a test but for myself.  It didn't seem to matter so much in college as it was just something I had to know to take a test so I could take another test and another test then perhaps go to medical school.  Now I want to understand it for myself and my future clients.  Why, I'm not entirely sure.  But for some reason, at this point in my life I am actually interested in comprehending energy production at a cellular level.  Go figure.

Wish me luck!

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment