Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Time flies when

Hmm.  It's been a while hasn't it?  I have to be honest, I have exercised only 3 times in the last week  for a number of reasons, most of which are inexcusable but I will confess them here.

For starters, we are redoing our kitchen so my house is a disaster.  All my appliances are in the den so I have no working stove.  My tables are covered with china, glassware and kitchen accessories.  Mess, mess and more mess.  I spend most of my days gathering stuff for the kitchen or attempting to keep some sort of order around here.

And then last weekend we went to NYC for our 10th anniversary.  It was great - we walked, we visited museums and we ate the most wonderful food.  For our final meal we went to DBGBs and I started weeping - I'm not kidding, I was weeping at the very thought that someone could take ingredients and make such beautifully tasting food.  At that moment, I vowed that once I have my kitchen, we will cook and enjoy our food not only as fuel but as humans who are grateful for the opportunity to share in the earth's bounty.  Don't laugh, or laugh just a little.  I'm serious about this.

I did a mini boot camp workout on Monday, nothing exciting. Just some kettle bells and ladder exercises.  I'll describe them later.  I'm hoping to get the gym tomorrow or at least outside for a jog and maybe some more kettle bells.  My body is begging me for some exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment