Friday, June 11, 2010

Kettle Bells Again and Personal Insight

It's nice out today so rather than go to the gym I chose to workout in my (mini) backyard.

Using a 15lb kettlebell:

10 one arm swings, repeat other side then
10 one arm swing and press/punch, repeat other side
Repeat above for a total of 3 sets
10 clean, squat, overhead press, repeat other side x 3
10 one arm reverse wood chop, repeat other side x 3
5 snatches, repeat other side, rest 15 seconds. Repeat until unbearable or HR is over 90%.
I was able to do a total of 80.

Plus this morning I rode my bike over to the mall to meet a friend for coffee.  15 minute ride roundtrip.

My 20th HS reunion is in one week!  2 years ago this moment would have been quite stressful for me for all the usual reasons: I'm not thin enough, I have nothing to wear, my hair is going grey....  Well, it gives me great pleasure to report that I am thrilled to be going to my reunion.  The last 20 years have presented me with both opportunities and obstacles but I'm still here and feeling pretty good about what I have achieved professionally and personally.

My body is no longer an obstacle, it has become an opportunity.  An opportunity to be stronger, healthier and (hopefully) to create a new career for myself.  I will continue to work on this body and all that comes with it.  But it thrills me to no end when I...

walk up the hill to work without effort.
ride my bike to the farmer's market.
stand on my feet all day at work without feeling like sitting down.
play (run) with my daughter outside.
swing kettle bells for 40 minutes.
dance with Lucy for no other reason except that it's fun.
see muscle definition in my arms, back, calves, abs....

And as far as what to wear and my greying hair, problem solved: adorable pink and orange dress with fabulous patent leather platforms and even more fun punk hairstyle colored a lovely shade of brown.

Be well and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment