Friday, June 18, 2010

Moving On

My mother is moving out of her house this week so I'm here helping her get things organized.  Each day has consisted of lifting, packing, carrying, cleaning, pushing and pulling.  There's been no time for a formal workout but I feel confident that I've been getting plenty of exercise.  By the end of the day my body just crashes and I sleep well at night.

The hardest thing has been eating healthy food during the move.  There's no fridge and all of the cooking tools have been back so I'm reliant on restaurants for meals.  Thankfully the motel offers breakfast so I start each day with two hard-boiled egg whites and instant oatmeal.  Lunch is usually some sort of wrap or sandwich.  In general I'm not eating the bread.  And dinner can be hit or miss.  Some of my favorite comfort foods are here in my hometown so I'm constantly fighting the urge to eat fries, greasy burgers and Mexican food.  I have allowed myself the occasional fry but for the most part I'm avoiding all of the "bad" stuff that I used to eat when stressed.  This to me is a good sign - I've developed different and healthier coping skills in instead of resorting to old habits.  And the weirdest thing is that I actually crave push-ups, squats and lunges.

Next week it's back to my routine.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment