Sunday, July 18, 2010

The big day is here

I have on a new outfit, my hair is pulled back in a sleek headband and my tummy is filled with eggs, vegies and coffee.  Today is the day that I take the official step into becoming a fitness professional.  My class starts at 10am - I feel like a first-year in college minus the angst of leaving my parents!

In preparation for today I did a 60 minute workout yesterday that felt really great.  It started with 30 minutes on the bike.  I am amazed at how much harder I can work now - I used to keep the "level" at 5 or 6 and now I have to push it up to 9 or 10 in order to keep my HR in a 65-70% zone.  Awesome.

And then I did the following using dumbbells:

With a 10lb dumbbell in each hand:

15 squat and swing to shoulder level
15 squat and overhead press
30 rows - bend at hip, keep back straight, reach to foot alternating arm 15 each side
15 wood chops with 12 lbs
15 push-ups with hand holding dumbbell - 7 on one side, 8 on other.

Repeat above for a total of 3 sets.

Be well and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment