Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Slow day

I had every intention of exercising today but just felt exhausted.  I did manage to do some of my required reading for my course which starts on Sunday!  It felt a bit hypocritical to be reading about fitness and not actually exercising but some days are like that.

I did make another yummy salad that I would like to share:

4-6 servings depending on how hungry you are!
1 cup red quinoa - regular quinoa is also ok
1 can chickpeas
1 can artichoke hearts in brine - roughly chopped
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil

1 head lettuce - chopped
1 package goat feta


Prepare quinoa according to directions on package.  While it's cooking, rinse chickpeas. Place in bowl with artichokes.  When quinoa is cooked, add to bowl along with vinegar and olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over lettuce.  Top with 1 Tbsp crumbled feta per plate.  Enjoy.

Geneen Roth was on Oprah again this week.  So much resonated with me.  Though I eat much healthier now compared to the past, I still find myself eating when I'm bored, tired or stressed.  I must continue to be aware of my body and what it really needs instead of assuming that food is the fix for everything.  Over the next few days I plan to be mindful before, during and after meals.  I don't think that I will do the whole 15 week plan but perhaps others will find it inspiring.

My life is full, food is not always the answer.

Be well.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I saw that episode of Oprah. When I got to the gym, someone already had the TV on Oprah, so I couldn't watch Sportscenter!

    Nevertheless, she seemed to be dispensing some reasonable advice to people. Makes me sad that so many people (in particular women) feel so bad about themselves that advice like this needs to be given in the first place.

    ReplyDelete